Monday, January 22, 2007

Blog Assignment 2

Writing is one of the many ways of expression. For me, it is usually my first choice. I would much rather write someone an email or send them a text before calling them. Writing allows me to carefully plan what I’m going to say. When I’m writing I prefer to type. Spelling is not one of my strong points. I guess you could say that I’m a product of spell check. I grew up always using it and my spelling has sure suffered.
Writing to my friends is all about convenience. We have our own abbreviations that no one else knows. They don’t care if I misspell words or use bad grammar, as long as they can still get the gist of what I’m saying. In a classroom setting, my writing is totally different. The writing has to be easy to read and grammatically correct.
I was happy to hear that part of this class was blogging. Blogging is a new part of our culture that most classes do not touch. Education can’t just teach things of the past. It must be progressive so that students can use the latest technology. Without that understanding, they will be helpless in the job world.

No comments: