Monday, April 23, 2007
Assignment 13
My life has been shaped by others in many ways. Without the outside influences I've had, i wouldn't be the person I am today. In the last few years my friend Heather has influenced me the most. Our friendship was very unlikely. I used to be a real loaner and opened up to almost no one. But then I met her and something caught my eye. She was different from the other girls I knew. There was just something about her, an inner beauty that I wanted to know. So I started talking to her and we got to be friends. That friendship was unlike any of the others I had been in. We talked often and went so much deeper than surface level conversation. After some time, we started dating. Dating was a new experience for me as I had never had a serious girlfriend before. Throughout the time we here dating we grew even closer together and went through many trials. But alas is was apparent to both of us that out dating was going nowhere and we called an end to that phase of our relationship. It was a very hard time for both of us, but especially for her. I hadn't made things very easy for her... It was touch and go for a few weeks after, but out of that pain and hurt came an even deeper friendship. A friendship that has kept me going so many times. One that has changed me in so many ways, but all for the good. Heather brought me out of my shell. I am much more forward now and outgoing. She has showed me that even though some pretty crappy stuff happens, its still possible to forgive that person and restore the relationship. Heather has been a constant in my life that has helped me through the last few years tremendously. And for that I'm eternally grateful. So thank you Heather for truly being a friend to me and letting me share this piece of my life with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment